Saturday, April 2, 2011

NO High Heels in the Attic!

Today began with Dale & the girls letting me sleep in. Yay sleepy time!

We then took off for a fabulous adventure.... "Breakfast at the Clark's"  It is is a lot like "Breakfast at Tiffany's" only with less (no) smoking, better food and it was in color! The truth of the matter is that our Fab-O friends had us over for a scrumptious breakfast this morning. We were treated to a perfectly set table, grits with butter, cheese & salsa, some yummy delicious breakfast casserole souffle, bacon to die for and orange juice. Red carpet treatment for sure!

Our girls absolutely ADORE Brent and Liz!  I am certain the adoration goes both ways. Faith even has her own cabinet at their house for her "treasures" (aka stuff she found at their house and claimed for her own). Grace has "taken over" Liz's closet and is hoping to grow taller quickly so she can have Liz's clothes. The girls spent their after breakfast time trying on Liz's fancy shoes and parading around the house.  Not to be left out; Mr. Brent got in on the action and had the girls try on his Fire Fighter boots. ADORABLE!

During all the shoe trying on... the girls coerced convinced Brent to take them to the attic (aka Land of Fun Times and Magical Things).  Brent (great future father he will be) insisted there would be "NO high heels in the attic!"  Funny and brilliant all at the same time.  Thank you Brent for keeping our girls safe!

Some time during this visit Faith became concerned with underwear.  She HAD to know if Liz checked her underwear before she put them on (this child's parents really should teach her something about boundaries!).  Liz insisted she did.  Faith was relieved and informed Liz that you should always check your underwear before you put them on because they might have aliens in them.  What!?  Either way I am glad she checks.  I thought it was to make sure they were on the right direction... directions/aliens.... same diff' right?

Naturally we never just eat and run (I don't think so)... so we had to stay and visit. Unfortunately for both the hubby's us ladies managed to scheme home renovation projects for the Clark's new house. It does involve easily installing a dishwasher and quick as a wink painful levelling, shimming, shoring and painting much needed cabinets and a counterop. Sorry guys! You're welcome Lizzy!

Inspired from all our renovation ideas we headed to the 'ol homestead for projects of our own!  Dale is replacing the crappy osb redneck homemade door from the garage to horse stall with a crappy old used to be our front door new door.  The girls spent some time torturing loving and petting the chickens and I worked on garbage pick up and thinking about/working on the chicken coop.

When the girls got grumpy and whiny needed a break we went inside for a snack.  My current indoor project is painting the entryway so we can install the cool coat hook and cowboy/girl hat hooks.  In the midst of painting I lost track of time and (after a reminder because I am a bonehead) headed out late to Mr. Tim's birthday party.

We've got a great church family and gathered to celebrate Timmy's 9th birthday.  Cake was delicious of course, company was great and all the kiddos had a great time.  I found a great way to get out of cleaning up by "volunteering" to hold newborn baby girl Sophia!  Oh... the torture!  She's sweet, tiny, adorable, cute, precious and did I mention sweet? The misery dragged on as I got to feed her a bottle and rock her. I'm not sure I could do that again (okay, maybe 20 or 30 times a day)!

The girls both got to go for a long ride on the 6-wheeler (aka Hexis) with dad today.  Love it!  Love them! Today was a great day!  Thankful for friends, family time, rain, warm fireplaces and a place to call home!

PS... Most of the cute crossed out words and other funnies were blatantly copied from inspired by my friend Liz (who also helped me set up my blog).  Thank you Liz and enjoy all! 

PS... PS...  My "Tip of the Day"  Timesaver:  When making snickerdoodles there is no need to roll the dough into a perfect ball.  A good glomp & plop roll into the sugar/cinnamon mix.... they still come out as beautiful circles.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh man what a day!! We are so blessed to have such amazing friends! As for those little girls, the auntie/uncle adoption papers are in the mail! :) we love them! Can't get enough!

    ps. how DARE you make your blog cooler than mine on your first post. you should be ashamed! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is adorable. Once you start you'll be hooked. I can't live without. LOL

    ReplyDelete